Peanut Butter Blondie Bars are a favorite from my childhood. We called them peanut butter chews. My school’s cafeteria used to make these with a delicious light glazing. I believe the glazing to be powdered sugar and water.
vegetable oil cooking spray
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup of margarine, softened
1 cup of light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl with a wooden spoon, cream the peanut butter with the margarine until smooth.
3. Add the brown sugar gradually, beating until well blended.
4. Add the eggs one at a time and continue to stir. Add the vanilla extract.
5. Sift the flour into the small bowl. Slowly add flour to the peanut butter mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Spread the batter evenly using a sandwich spreader.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares. Remove the blondies from the pan with the spatula and cool completely on the wire rack before serving.